Central Lutheran School is a Caring, Loving, Sharing family of Christians where your child feels safe and secure, while receiving special, individual attention. CLS is a parochial school that was founded in 1952 through an association formed by three Lutheran churches in the New Haven community - Emanuel Lutheran Church, St. Paul Lutheran Church, and Martini Lutheran Church. The facilities create an environment which is conducive to learning and a faculty and staff of professionals that are dedicated to the Lord and the attainment of excellence in the classroom.
CLS opened in 1952 at the current location as a 1st-8th grade elementary school. 25 years later in 1977, CLS opened a Kindergarten class for the first time. Beginning in the fall of 2013, a new preschool was added to the school. The preschool is available to 3-year olds, 4-year olds, and 5-year olds and is located at Emanuel Lutheran Church.
In 2015, CLS began a major capital campaign to help fund a major building project. In the fall of 2016, construction began on a new early childhood center, gymnasium, and administration space. Construction was completed in August 2017.
For 65 years, Central Lutheran School has provided quality academics, a caring environment, and a Christian education to thousands of students and their families.