Hello Central Families,
It’s been a very busy summer at Central, and we hope and pray that your family has had a wonderful summer so far. There is still plenty of summer left: we still have over four weeks until the first day of school, but it is time to start thinking about the 2017-2018 school year. Today, the summer mailing was put in the mail. Soon you will be receiving a packet of information containing schedules, invoices, Before and After School care information, dress code updates, school supply list, and information on Final Registration Day. This article contains some of that information, PLUS much more.
FIRST, take a tour of the new facilities by watching this video… https://youtu.be/yEt8RnCq3OE then continue reading!
- We have some bittersweet news to share with you. At the end of June, we found out that Mrs. Kelly Beverly, our librarian and admissions counselor, accepted a position at Concordia Lutheran High School as an English teacher. We are excited for Mrs. Beverly as we know she will do a great at CLHS, but we will also miss her here at Central. Mrs. Beverly did a great job and was always very welcoming to everyone she came into contact for both positions.
- We have hired Mrs. Michelle Nettles to be the Director of Chargers Beyond the Bell, our new before and after school care program. Mrs. Nettles currently has one daughter here at Central, and she has already begun planning that is necessary to start he program. Information about the program is included in this email as well as a link to sign your child up for the before and after school care.
- We have hired Mrs. Shannen Colter to be the new Art Teacher at Central. Mrs. Colter has an art education degree, taught art for 4 years, and is a graduate of Central. All students in K-8th grade will have art, which will take place in the Activity Room of the Early Childhood Center.
- We have hired Mrs. Lauren Creutz to be the new Admissions Counselor. Mrs. Creutz has four children at Central and a husband who is the principal! She started her teaching career as a second grade teacher in 2003, and also taught for 4 years at Zion Lutheran in St. Charles, MO. She also is the Communications Coordinator for The Lutheran Schools Partnership here in Fort Wayne.
- We are also excited to welcome a Gifted and Talented program as part of our Resource Room Program. The gifted and talented program will take place one day a week and students will be identified and recommended for the program through our internal STAR math and STAR reading assessments. More information will be available once we have our G/T teacher in place and we are near the start of the school year.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
- Student sign-ups have begun. There is no fee to register. If you will be using the before and after school program, please go to http://tinyurl.com/CLS-BeforeAfterCare to register your children.
Dress code updates for preschool – 8th grade are included in the mailing. Please note some of the changes to this years dress code…
- Preschool – Solid colored shirts must be worn. Any kind of pants/shorts may be worn. See the dress code document for all of the details
- K-1st grade must wear shoes to school. Sandals or boots will not be allowed during school.
- Patch pockets are not allowed on pants (the pocket style that you would see on blue jeans). Only pants with slit pockets will be allowed.
- See the dress code document for all the details
- Matt’s Rack is a ministry at Concordia High School offering school clothing for families. Each student is offered a package that includes gym shoes, socks, underwear, clothing bottoms (pants, shorts, skorts), shirts, undershirts for boys, crew neck sweatshirt, spring/fall jacket, hat, mittens/gloves, and a belt. Other optional items can include a winter coat, boots, jeans, camis, and cardigan sweaters. If this would be helpful for your family, contact Mr. Creutz and he can refer you for an appointment at Matt’s Rack.
Please watch for the summer packet to come in the mail in the next few days, there is much more information to read in that mailing. God’s blessings on your weekend! Don’t forget that tomorrow is Moving Day #3 at 8:00am….we can use all the help we can get!